Term Paper: Opposition to Outsourcing
Sample Term Paper
This term paper provides some discussion on opposition to outsourcing. Outsourcing in the federal government has been severely criticized by almost every participant in the process for competitions as defined in OMB Circular A-76.
Outsourcing in the federal government has been severely criticized by almost every participant in the process for competitions as defined in OMB Circular A-76. As expected, federal employees never welcome competitive sourcing studies as they intimidate their job security. In addition, some in industry complain that they are being used as a “stalking horse” simply to make government efficient.
A number of other flaws upsetting all stakeholders permeates the process, including:
- Competitions that take years to conclude at a high cost per position studied;
- Contentious incongruity between contractors and unions over agency outsourcing definitions, decisions, and outcomes of competitions;
- Severe disparities in categorization of activities: a position at one agency is believe “inherently governmental” while the same position is believe to be a “commercial activity” at another agency;
- Inadequate cost accounting systems that make cost comparisons suspect at preeminent;
- Inflexible employee benefit systems that obstruct transitions between the public and private sectors and penalize employees in the process.
- Finally, the most common flaw in the current approach to competitive sourcing has been an over-emphasis on using outsourcing to “cut costs” rather than to “enhance performance” of the organization.
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.