Sample Essay

6 works cited

Length: 1827 words

This essay discusses global warming and its effect on the environment. Geologists talk about two issues all the time; that of the greenhouse effect and global warming. The greenhouse effect is a process which naturally keeps the Earth’s temperature stable, making it possible for people to live and survive on Earth.

Geologists talk about two issues all the time; that of the greenhouse effect and global warming. The greenhouse effect is a process which naturally keeps the Earth’s temperature stable, making it possible for people to live and survive on Earth. When energy and heat from the sun is trapped by greenhouses gases in the atmosphere, the Earth begins to warm up. The greenhouses gases which absorb the sun’s heat and warmth are carbon dioxide, water vapor and methane. If these gases did not exist, the Earth would be a cold place as there would be no heat absorbed. However when an excessive amount of heat is absorbed, the atmosphere begins to warm up which leads to the problem of global warming. This in turn can cause various other problems for the environment.

In order to understand global warming, we must first understand what the cause behind the greenhouse effect is. Water vapor exists in our atmosphere which absorbs heat from the sun. Greenhouse warming is caused 80 percent by water vapor. The other gases present in the environment make up the remaining 20 percent (Murck, Skinner, Porter). Carbon dioxide is another gas which absorbs the rays of the sun. Carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere by many of the activities which human beings carry out. Each time…

Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.

 

See also