This essay discusses symptoms of gonorrhea. For women, the early indication of gonorrhea often is slight. A small number of people may be infected for several months without having symptoms. (NIAID Fact sheet)
The bacteria are carried in semen and vaginal fluids and produce a discharge. Symptoms typically appear within 2 to 10 days after sexual exchange with an infected person. For women, the early indication of gonorrhea often is slight. A small number of people may be infected for several months without having symptoms. (NIAID Fact sheet)
If women have indications, the first ones may comprise (Behrman)
- Pelvic or lower abdominal pain may be on one side, in the middle or both the sides of the abdomen. Fever, nausea, and vomiting may occur.
- Bleeding connected with vaginal contact
- sore or burning feelings when passing urine
- Yellow or bloody vaginal release
- Dysuria or a scarce urethral discharge may be due to infection of the urethra associated with cervical infection.
- More advanced symptoms, which may indicate development of PID, include cramps and pain, bleeding between menstrual periods, vomiting, or fever.
Men have symptoms which are more pronounced than women which include (Behrman)
- White, yellow, or green secretion from the penis this is painful. Urethral distress, dysuria, and discharge due to simple infection in the urethra are the most frequent symptoms in men. Degree of distress and discharge are different.
- Burning feeling all through urination that may be acute
Kindly order custom made Essays, Term Papers, Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertation, Assignment, Book Reports, Reviews, Presentations, Projects, Case Studies, Coursework, Homework, Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, on the topic by clicking on the order page.